Upcoming Volunteer Events:
Gardening Day May 1, 2021
WHO: Any community member
WHAT: Gardening at three Tedford shelter and supportive housing buildings
WHY: Planting, watering, weeding, and mulching plans will be led by community volunteer and Master Gardener, Joel Leak. Joel has led this effort to teach volunteers and Tedford guests the basis of gardening for over 13 years. If you would like to register for this event and improve your gardening skills while helping those experiencing homelessness, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and say you’re interested in gardening this year.
*Masks must be worn at all times, even though gardening will be outside. Water and gardening gloves will be provided by Tedford Housing.
Regular Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers help support Tedford Housing year round. We want you to develop new skills while also helping people in the community, and we are there to help! Below are a few ways to get involved:
- Preparing or delivering meals to the adult shelter through our Meal-a-Month program
- Lending a hand with manual labor inside and outside (yardwork, painting, organizing donations, gardening, etc.)
- Organizing a drive from Tedford’s wish list
- Volunteering for the Warm Thy Neighbor emergency fuel assistance program October-March
- Providing childcare while parents attend skill-building training sessions
- Helping out with office work (mailings, filing, etc.)
We are always happy to talk to groups and individuals about ways in which they can help support our mission to empowering people to move from homelessness to home.
Contact Blaine Flanders, Community & Donor Relations Coordinator, to discuss how you or your group can volunteer at Tedford Housing: (207)-729-1161 ext.101, email email@example.com, or fill out an online volunteer application.